We wish you and your family the best holiday season’s joys and wonder into the New Year.
We wanted to share with you a few of the holiday trends as well as some useful tips to get you through the winter season.
Holiday Glamour Trends
The biggest impact this holiday season is the use of colour in shadows and lots of metallic. Colour is being used in multiples and with intensity, in conjunction to the extreme liner we saw last spring.
LIPS …are still red, in all shades, dark, bright, muted … you name it…anything red goes!
NAILS…are still muted but green is making the most impact.
Winter Make up Tips
1. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize…..if you use a favorite regularly or not, now is the season to protect your skin. You can purchase ” barrier cream” from London Drugs in the baby section. This fast absorbing silicone cream soaks in fast and will protect against the cold, wind and dehydration the winter months bring while keeping your skin hydrated. You can wear it under your make up or alone and we promise your skin will thank you.
2. Use that lip balm….if it has an SPF 30 even better! The sun still packs a punch when it does come out and if your on the ski hill it will work well on your cheeks and ears if you forgot that sun block. We recommend ours…. because we know it’s the best!
3. Waterproof mascara is a must…. The rain wont be going away any time soon and we need to keep your lashes from smearing down your face. I recommend L’Oreal Voluminous waterproof…. but use the proper remover to get it off. ie oil based. It will also work well as a base to your shadow or liner for a budge proof night out.
4. Get the red out…..Revlon Colourstay is a great silicone base foundation that will stand up to the elements, layer well and neutralize those red noses and cheeks. You can apply it with a brush, sponge or fingers and by building it up ( repeat application on tough spots) you can cover all those winter imperfections that like to rear their ugly heads.
One of the many things we are big on during the holidays and the rest of the year is giving back to the community via different charitable groups. One that is dear to our hearts is
“WE Care”. It’s an organization that supports the children of the downtown east side that generally would not have the option to have a good Christmas. With our support and the support of many other local business, they provide crafts for the children to make gifts for their families. We share with our contribution of turning a generous man into Santa Clause in four hours with glued on beard, cheek and nose prosthetic and have so for the past four years…… you can check out the clip herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gZXbOX_mL4
If you’re feeling the holiday cheers and want to help a needed cause…here’s a local charity that can certainly use a hand …...http://beautynight.org/ Beauty Nights.
They are a small grass roots charity that work on site with needy women and children, providing cloths and hygiene. With the generous support of London Drugshttp://www.londondrugs.com we were able to provide 1200 toothbrushes that were so desperately needed for the stocking drive. You can be apart of this fabulous night too with donations of… new make up, toiletries, socks or even a dollar! Every little bit counts and is always appreciated.
For our second year we are celebrating our success in the new addition of Crave on sale now! Purchase yours on your next visit to the Gallery for only $15. A great “must have” guide for every women in Vancouver! Get yours today.
We are looking for dynamic new addition to our boutique. If you feel you would like to learn make up on an new level, you may be the perfect fit for us?
Candidates must be: hygienic, artistic-( preferably with a make-up back ground), well mannered and respectful, mature, eager to learn, able to take direction and criticism, have an eye for detail, a fast learner, patient, open minded, have basic administration skills and open to a flexible part time schedule of 10 hours a week to start.
Your duties may include and not limited too: make up applications, data entry, creative thinking, cleaning, assisting with procedures and over all help with whatever may be needed.
There is great room for growth and development with in our company and in our eyes the possibilities are endless.
So if this sounds like you or someone you know, please drop us an e mail with a resume to email@example.com
BeautyInk™ couldn’t be more excited about being a finalist in the 2010 SE Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
It was only two short years ago when Shauna had the vision to created The BeautyInk Gallery, Vancouver’s first make up service boutique. From concept to creation, it took Shauna six exhausting months of 20 hour days with only her passion and short business training, to get the gallery up and running in their South Granville location. Since Shauna created this make up service boutique concept, two similar businesses have now opened their doors, one in Langley and one in Yaletown. Shauna’s concept is now being used as an example to make up artist and students all over the country as a viable way to create a business doing what they love the most- Make Up.
Shauna decided to take a hiatus from her 15 year film career to fulfill a need to help people that suffer everyday from physical challenges that hinder the quality of their lives. Since the Gallery opened it’s doors in 2008, Shauna been showcased on eight different TV segments both locally and national. The gallery has been able to service hundreds of client across Canada and the US, bringing a peace and liberation to each of them. This honor of being recognized for the hard work and dedication has truly touched her. ” Trying to create something that has never existed is exciting, but keeping it afloat and growing it is truly another. You must love what you do with your heart and soul and be willing to risk it all!” Shauna feels grateful for the lives she has been able to touch and the reward people experience from the work she loves so much. ” Suffering comes in so many way, accident, disease, birth defects, insecurity…. if I can help people look better and feel better about themselves, than I’ve served my purpose in life and what a blessing that is!” – Shauna Magrath
Shauna has become an inspiration to many both in the film industry and out. Her public speaking and mentor-ship has driven other women to step out and make a positive change with their careers opening businesses for themselves. People are seeing by her efforts there is life after film and some film artists are taking the leap, branching out and creating their own paths as well.
We spent the evening with Dermalogica and one of their best educator’s Cory. He thoroughly went thought the new Ulta Calming series from Dermalogica with us. It’s a complete line with a pre cleanse, cleanser, toner, mask and barrier repair with makes a outstanding primer for pre base.
Many people are complaining of sensitive skin these days. Environmental pollutants, dehydration, allergies, you name it…our skin is forever changing! Dermalogica launched its New Ultra Calming skincare line on 1st September.
Ultra Calming, regarded as “serious relief for sensitised skin”, differs from many sensitive skincare lines which are merely “watered-down” regular products, with a lower concentration of active ingredients. In contrast, Ultra Calming contains specially developed active ingredients that mediate immunogenic and neurogenic inflammatory triggers for the relief of inflamed skin. ( Basically means it calms your red, irritated, dry skin with ease.)
The Ultra Calming Complex consists of botanicals Boerhavia Diffusa (Red Hogweed) root extract to target neurogenic inflammation by limiting the production of pro-inflammatory agents in the skin, Avena Sativa (Oat kernel) extracts which are rich in avenanthramides, proven to have natural anti-irritant and anti-redness properties, and Zingiber officinate (ginger) and Bisabolol (derived from chamomile) which work synergistically to help reduce redness and irritation.
In our 2 hour educational class from Cory, he showed us first hand the proven relaxing properties of this new line. Personally I suffer from sensitive skin and after the five part calming routine my skin was singing it’s praises. Hydrating, calming, refreshing…. my tired skin was boosted and refreshed. I give this new line two thumbs up and look forward to sharing it with out clientèle.
As you may know I love to communicate through videos, so please view my personal welcome to you.
We are currently celebrating our 2nd Anniversary! As well, we are proud to announce our being a finalist for the SE Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the Service category. Winners will be announced October 20th at the evening ceremonies. Stay tuned…
Please feel free to pass this newsletter along to your friends. As a valued subscriber, please enjoy my special article:
What our clients have to say… When it really comes down to it… it’s how they feel that matters the most!
“I am a physician and therefore very aware of professional standards and infection risk from procedures such a micro pigmentation. I had lost a lot of my eyebrows/eyelashes due to a medication side effect and had received a recommendation to The BeautyInk Gallery.
Not only was Shauna an outstanding artist, but also she adheres to the strictest professional standards; is caring; and constantly exploring the latest improvements within this field. She offers a wonderful service to many affected by health issues and the results are terrific. I was amazed and delighted, and highly recommend The BeautyInk Gallery to my patients.
After spending over 17 years refining her detailed artistic techniques on Hollywood’s A-List Celebrities, award winning fx make up artist Shauna Magrath, with over 45 film and television credits to her name, has turned her attention to you. With her diverse background, unique skills and attention to detail, she custom creates the look you desire, raising your confidence and self-esteem. Since BeautyInk opened Shauna has had the fortunate opportunity to showcase her skills on local and national television, sharing with the audience procedures as well as her extensive make up expertise.
Shauna’s work was graciously recognized in 2008 by the Academy of Film and Television with Emmy honors for “Outstanding Make up” with her make up fx’s contribution to the critically acclaimed mini-series, Tin Man. Her department also received a Leo Award for “Best Make up Fx” in a mini series that same year. A long departure from her native farm girl roots in Kelowna, B.C. Shauna’s biography Nominated in 2009 for Business in Vancouver’s
“40 Under 40 Awards” and the influential “Women in Business Awards”, Shauna never stops growing her vision. These awards are given annually to BC’s outstanding entrepreneurs who demonstrate achievements in business, experience and innovation, vision, leadership, and community involvement. She feel very grateful for her current nomination with the “Entrepreneur of the Year Awards,” as it will only bring awareness to what BeautyInk can do for those in need and we look forward to seeing the upcoming results in October.
About BeautyInk Gallery Vancouver’s First Exclusive Makeup Service Boutique
The BeautyInk Gallery is a rich, inviting,tranquil boutique where women and men a like can be at their most relaxed and welcome while receiving expert make up services from proprietor and master makeup/micro-pigmentation artist, Shauna Magrath.
In 2008 after the death of her grandfather Shauna was compelled to make a difference with her talent, and so the BeautyInk Gallery was born. A make up services boutique that offers: all make up applications, fx, lessons, lash extensions, tinting, and of course their specialty permanent cosmetics.
Shauna expanded her skills and became certified in permanent cosmetics by Canada’s most prestigious institute, the Canadian Micro-Pigmentation Center in Toronto. She now combines her artistic expertise, acute attention to detail, and micro-pigmentation training to help anyone achieve their own empowering natural beauty.
Working with accident and cancer survivors hold a special place in her heart after watching her Grandfather, Mother and Aunt fight for their lives. Thankfully her Mom is still with us today and has been able to watch the extraordinary growth of this divine venture.
“Every client receives one on one exclusive attention. We never compromise the quality /safety of our work or your comfort, because in the end that is what matters the most!”
– Shauna Magrath.
Beauty Tips Featured Videos
Useful makeup tips that will take years off of your appearance!
A couple techniques to create great full glamorous lashes!
At the BeautyInk Gallery they believe in and are committed to giving generously to the community through donations, volunteering and in-kind support. Without help from businesses like theirs, our community will not grow for the better! Please help, your generosity benefits everyone in their time of need.
Youthful Make up Tips Some of our Favorite Products
1. Conceal the Eye Area: Use an orange base concealer under the eyes and in the corner and eye socket. This will eliminate the grey violet colour that comes with age and fatigue. In the deep areas add a light reflector such as Touch Eclate (shown on left) by Yves Saint Laurent. This will make the sunken areas look fuller and more youthful.
2. Even Skin Tone: As we age our skin gets sun damaged and patchy. You can use a powder mineral make up that’s easy to apply and has a build in SPF like Jane Iredale. Loose has more glow to it, the pressed in more matt. Two shades work the best, light down the lower half of the face and neck, a darker from the cheek upward for a sun kissed look.
3. Higher Brow Arch: As gravity takes it toll, creating a higher arch will give you eye the appearance of being more awake and bright eyed. A Dior Brow Pencil works well just above the natural arch and you can soften it with a brush. Christian Dior has beautiful colour range.
4. Darker Top Eyeliner: With the area under our eye showing the most age, why bring attention to it? By adding a more dominate top eyeliner hugged in the lash line it brings the attention upward not down. If you need – (which I don’t necessarily recommend) to put a bottom liner on, always keep it a few shades lighter than the top. ie Black on top or dark navy blue… with a light taupe on the bottom softened. I love the Make up Forever Brow Correctors as they come in great colours and can be used thick or thin. *Always remember Moisture is our best friend when it comes to our skin. So use one that hydrates well and you will find when your skin is moist if will always look years younger.
TOP CHOICE WINNER 2016 We’d love to have you follow us and take a look at our reviews.
Join Our VIP List
FEEL FREE TO GIVE US A CALL @ 604 639 3609 for your complimentry consultaion